Monday, January 14, 2013

Different year but same journey

When I last posted here I had registered for Ironman Canada 2011.

 Shortly after that I took a spill and seperated my left shoulder which lead to a loss of training and most importantly focus. I was unable to make it to starting line in Penticton and was only able to get a partial refund of the $600 plus entry fee returned which is common knowledge upon registration.

 So 2011 was pretty much a write off as far as training goals went and I was happy to see that year pass.

 Now 2012 was a different story. I started the year with no more car payments finally after 5 years and also payed off all credit cards and a line of credit so the personal finance stress excuse is out of the way. I was fortunate enough to be able to change careers as well and as of May 2012 I've been employed at the Vancouver School Board.That same month I completed the Vancouver Marathon as it celebrated a new and updated course. Since the marathon all I've been thinking about is triathlons so it appears the focus and drive it takes to even consider attempting a Ironman is returning so what better time to re-boot an old blog and share what has definetly become Jamie's Ironman Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment