Sunday, April 18, 2010

april 18

So far this month I've been working double the hours than I normally do and my training has taken a dip because of it but with two weeks until the Vancouver half I'll be focused and locked in on training and diet. With the weather warming up it makes for some great early morning runs and this morning I ran down Royal Oak hill around Deer lake then back up Royal Oak hill and then back home. Now going down that hill was fine,I had a great view of the north shore mountains and on my right was the lake surrounded by all the green trees and fields, no cars just birds chirping and a crazy woodpecker sitting on top of a metal street light post and pecking the shit out of that thing! I laughed out loud then just breathed in all the fresh morning air as I glided down this massive hill. I was about half way down when I thought to myself..I going to have to run back up this fucker! Now the run around the lake was great as always just incredibly peaceful with a loon floating across the middle of it leaving a v wave pattern behind it, and I thought about stopping and taking all of this serenity in but once I start running i don't like to stop. Anyway here comes the "Hill" now there are some cars that have trouble getting up this thing so running up it feels more like a mountain climb! and that's what I eventually pictured in my mind once the leg burn set in, so with each arm movement I imagined pulling a rope..baby steps pull,baby steps pull! c'mon Jamie get up this hill..c'mon!!! Once I'm at the top I'm just gassed but I'm still 25 minutes from home so I take in some gatorade and run the rolling hills home. Now Izumi and I can enjoy our Sunday drive maybe some shopping but me and the legs will wait in the car thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment