Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Run

So each time I leave my door step to go for a run it's going to be a hilly one and that's just because of where i live. So this morning I drove down to Marine Way and Byrne Road and parked behind the Canadian Tire and started running towards foreshore park which is pretty much the Fraser River and there's a trail that runs parallel to the river and it's nice and flat. The good thing about that is, my run is steady and relaxed and my mind can just wonder similar to Burnaby Lake but more open and straight,with my neighbourhood runs there's a lot of mental conversations between me and the hills! Anyway the river run starts at the Burnaby/New Westminster border pretty much and it's also the flight path for planes approaching the airport so with all the planes I've been on in the last 6 months it was easy to lose myself as i saw them fly overhead. One instant that stood out was my trip to Phillipines to visit my friend and his family and there was a bunch of us in his pool with San Miguel beers in one hand and trying keep a volleyball up with the other hand,and when the ball left the pool it pretty much landed in the ocean! yeah a pool beside the ocean,that was a tough today! So snapping back to reality I've run through burnaby and halfway through East Vancouver as I approach Knight street bridge i decide to turn around because the airport is getting a little too close! lol. I show up back at the car about an hour and a half later and that fruit punch gatorade g2 never tated soo good! Another great start to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment