Friday, January 15, 2010

afternoon workout

Well I was able to leave work early today and so I headed straight to the pool and got a 30min swim in followed with a 30 min treadmill run. At the moment I'm trying to get a proper pace set in the water but no matter how controlled i start,I still end up going much faster than i should and that's gassing me! I see people in other lanes looking so controlled and as if they could go forever..In time I'll get there. Also today I picked up a copy of local hero Simon Whitfield's book "Simon Say's Gold" He won the first gold medal for the triathlon at the Sydney olympic games in 2000. I was teaching english in Japan at the time and I can remember vividly watching that race and cheering and pumping my fist in the air as he took the gold! I was so far away from home but at that moment i was so proud to be from Vancouver! Since then there's been something brewing and 10 years later I'm finally doing something about it. What's up my fellow BT's? nice to see ya' let's do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment